We currently offer Cartoon Character Rigging Workshop in BLENDER!
Our workshops are designed for all levels of riggers and technical animators. Beginning riggers will be directed to learn on specific tools used in character rigging.
The workshop includes class instruction which goes over lecture, review, assignment and Q/A.
Below is the summary of all available workshops!
“Cartoon Character Rigging Workshop”
Cartoon Character Rigging Workshop in BLENDER from Puppeteer Lounge on Vimeo.
We will learn how to make a powerful rig for a cartoon biped character in the open source software Blender. Focusing on making a rig that can be easily transferable and reused on other characters with minimal extra work.”
- Class 1 – Reference study. The base skeleton setup.
- Class 2 – A stretchy IK/FK style spine.
- Class 3 – Finger and palm controls.
- Class 4 – IK/FK switching systems for limbs.
- Class 5 – FK hinge switching system for FK limbs.
- Class 6 – Stretchy IK limbs with an extra joint bone for extra stretchy control.
- Class 7 – Foot roll system.
- Class 8 – A full Facial animation system based around bones.
- Class 9 – Facial UI integration and facial control add-in.
- Class 9 – Creating, tweaking and mirroring weight groups.
- Class 10 – Intro into mesh shape keys.
- Class 11 – Mesh shape keys build and integration.
- Class 12 – Finalize the character rig by going though a checklist. Ready for character animation.
- Rigging a full body and facial cartoon character for production in Blender.
- $480 for the Online workshop.
- $240 for the Offline (pre-recorded) workshop
- Anyone with an interest in Character Rigging in BLENDER.
- Basic understanding of Blender required.
Instructor: Jeremy Davidson
Learn the art of rigging in Blender with Jeremy Davidson (of Tears of Steel and Sintel)